Now through September 6, log on to www.johnsonville.com/burgercontest to submit your recipe and vote for your favorite pork burger. Two grand prize winners will be awarded a year’s worth of groceries from Walmart and have their recipes featured on Johnsonville Brat and Italian Sausage Patty boxes.
GET THE JUICES FLOWING!
- Make It Tropical: So many delicious fruits are in season during the summer months. Top your pork burger with one of the season’s sweets like pineapple, peaches or mangoes.
- Double Up The Pork: Everyone knows bacon makes everything better but the possibilities are endless with pork burger toppers. Mimic your favorite pizza with pepperoni or top it with a classic cold cut like ham to give your taste buds a treat.
- Be Cheesy: A good piece of cheese can make or break a burger. Pick your favorite and remember to trap the heat by closing the grill to ensure for fully melted cheese.
- Play Up Your Family’s Favorite Flavors: Love the spicy kick of jalapenos or the smoothness of good old fashion yellow mustard? Let your favorite toppings do the talking.
- Elevate Your Sides: Try piling your go-to side dish onto the pork burger in order to create a two-in-one meal.
- Think Beyond The Bun: Just because it’s a burger doesn’t mean it needs a hamburger bun. Try using a lettuce wrap or pita bread for a tasty twist on the classic.
Connect with the National Pork Board
For more inspirational ideas and pork recipes and information on how you can enter the “No Ordinary Burger Recipe Contest”, visit the PorkBeinspired.com. Also, be sure to “like” us at Facebook.com/PorkBeInspired and follow @AllAboutPork on Twitter.
Click here to enter contest!
I am working with One2One Network on this project